District Parent Involvement Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
- District Title 1 Summary – English
- District Title 1 Summary – Spanish
- District Title 1 Summary – Haitian Creole
District Parent Involvement Plan
Click here to view the 2016-2017 Parent Involvement Plan and Summaries.
Laurel’s Parent Involvement Plan
Click here to view the 2016-2017 Laurel’s Parent Involvement Plan.
Laurel’s School Compact
- 2016-17 COMPACT-Laurel Elementary-English
- 2016-17 COMPACT-Laurel Elementary-Spanish
- 2016-17 COMPACT-Laurel Elementary-Haitian Creole
Parent Right to Know Letters
English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole – All in one!
Helpful Parent Resources
- Websites and PIN Verification Form
- National PTA Common Core Standards Initiative
- Parent Resource Centers & Parent Learning University
- Parent Involvement
- Ways to Motivate Your Child to Learn
- Parent Volunteering Application
State Public Accountability Report (SPAR) for Laurel Elementary:
A copy can also be found in the Parent Involvement Notebook in the Office.